You are being securely logged in to Offbeatr.com
Dildology.org intends to provide material verification services and maintain a public database of the results, adding transparency and oversight to the industry while educating the public about the science behind pleasure products. We stand on our own, uninfluenced, and we are dedicated to protecting the health and wellbeing of the dildo-loving population at large through education (and maybe a little entertainment).
Dildology.org needs cash to get started, though. Operating costs include purchasing dildos to test, lab costs for testing those dildos (testing currently runs around $200 for the basics, and $450 for the works), purchasing dildometric testing equipment, and printing stickers and t-shirts for fundraising merchandise and rewards.
We're starting small here, with a goal of $3,000 - that'll probably cover the testing costs of four sex toys, plus a little for administrative overhead (shipping, rewards, et cetera). And if we end up with more money? Then we'll test more dildos! We're currently in the process of filing for 501(c)(3) status, too, so you'll be able to see for yourselves where the money is going.
* accept monetary donations.
* accept product donations from third-party retail stores and wholesalers.
* purchase products from third-party retail stores.
* choose products to test based on community feedback.
* send products to accredited labs for testing.
* compare the material composition of products to the manufacturers’ claims.
* share the results of lab tests with manufacturers.
* record the results of the lab tests in our wiki.
* make our wiki available to the public.
* provide other educational resources to the public.
WE WILL NOT:
* accept product donations directly from manufacturers.
* test second-hand products – only those acquired directly from retail stores and wholesalers.
* test any product manufactured more than one year ago.
* publish opinions about products or manufacturers – only facts.
* falsify data, for any reason.
* suppress or fail to publish the results of any test.
We intend to test a wide range of sex toy brands and materials, and we currently have a list of products that we plan to test first. After that, which products we test will be determined by requests from the community, via our forum, via email, or anonymously via the web.
We live in a world rich with discoverable data. There’s no reason to guess when you can know. To that end, Dildology.org will apply itself, and maybe – just maybe – we can change the world for the better.
Achieved of $3,000 Goal
Unsuccessful - Project did not reach its goal and ended Saturday June 22, 8:18 am
Support by pledging money.
Receive a 15% off coupon code redeemable at SheVibe.com!
Estimated delivery : 05/2013
Receive lesser reward AND a Dildology spyglass crossbone sticker when we reach our goal!
Estimated delivery : 08/2013
Receive all lesser rewards AND an official DILDOLOGIST t-shirt when we reach our goal!
Estimated delivery : 08/2013
has supported 0 projects
last login 6/14/2013